What is Daily Bread ?
Daily Bread is the Bible reading guide that aims to help you hear from God as you read the Bible. If you've ever asked the question, "What possible relevance can this verse have for me today?" or "What difference does this passage make to my life?"
then read on ...
Why read the Bible?
Reading the Bible is about developing a relationship with God, through dependence on the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit helps us to engage with the Bible and to face God's challenge in the here and now. He will always point us to Jesus Christ, the heart of God's Word to us, the one who shows us who God is.
Why read Daily Bread ?
Everyone needs a little help when reading the Bible. Sometimes the poetry and prose, history and revelation, or parables and proverbs need some explanation. Daily Bread provides real inspiration each time you read it. Our writers are from all kinds of backgrounds with all kinds of perspectives. We're sure you'll be challenged,
encouraged, surprised and inspired as God uses the notes to speak into your life.
How to use Daily Bread
This page introduce both the notes and the writer. It sets the scene and tells you what you need to know to get into each series.
A day's note
The notes for each day include five key elements: Prepare, Read (the Bible passage for the day), Explore, Respond and Bible in a year. These are intended to provide a helpful way of meeting God in his word.
1. Prepare yourself to meet with God and pray that the Holy Spirit will help you to understand and respond to what you read.
2. Read the Bible passage, taking time to absorb and simply enjoy it. A verse or two from the Bible text is usually included on each page, but it's important to read the whole passage.
3. Explore the meaning of the passage, listening for what God may be saying to you. Before you read the comment, ask yourself: what's the main point of this passage? What is God showing me about himself or about my life? Os there a promise or a command, a warning or example to take special notes of?
4. Respond to what God has shown you in the passage in worship and pray for yourself and others. Decide how to show your discoveries with others.
5. Bible in a year. If your aim is to know God and his Word more deeply, why not follow this plan to read the whole Bible in one year?
Read Today's Bread online!